Monday, August 9, 2010

Take-me-out-to-the-ball-gaaaame

Sunday afternoon baseball. America's past time.
No traffic, handicapp parking, and better yet, free tickets, from my driveway to the Oakland Colesium, 45 minutes flat.
My dates: one dad, two uncles, and a cousin.
The weather was perfect! The fog burned off just before we got there. Enough that the end of the day brough back two burnt senior citizens.
Our seats were fabulous, the food was fantasic to-go ball-park style bratwurst, loaded chicken nachos, and a beer. It was warm enough that my personal past time was a cold beer. Damn that was a good beer!
I get the chills every time I hear the National Anthem
It wasn't a good day, it was a great day!


Mke, John, Dad, Mickey, & Me

This blog got stuck somewhere in the draft file for alotta months. This was one of the last times I saw Uncle Mickey "normal". Actually, it might have been the last time. He's still here, but not the same. That's why I write and carry a camera with me always. You never know when something might be your last.

No comments:

Post a Comment