Saturday, January 22, 2011

#2

on the bucket list...
"Get my Bachelor's Degree"
I am. Doing it, going back to school...
Did I tell you?
I didn't think so.

November, 2010, the lady from the online university sees an empty seat at the table I'm sitting at and has a seat next to me and we start talking. The next day, I give her all my info to see how much credit my work experience qualifies for. The next week, she tells me it's only 13 classes to a Bachelor's Degree. Open-book, self-paced, no classrooms to sit in...and a cost that is the equivalent of 1/8 of the monthly cost of my car.

So guess what? After almost 10 years of being out of school, I can't wait to get my newest textbook and finish my first class. I'm shooting for A's. Yes, A student material you have here behind this keyboard.

What pray tell am I studying? Well...Pshychology of course. The study of the mind, reaction, and human behavior. The self-reflection is happening. The labeling of me, my friend, my family, and my enemies has begun.

What am I going to do with said degree? Well, I don't have that figured out yet, but I think that I still want to be in the business of helping people. Maybe I can even help myself a little along the way. Here's to hoping...

“The major psychological insight I’ve arrived at in life is that the psyche isn’t logical.”
-Unknown

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete