Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"The difference between try and triumph is a little umph." ~Author Unknown

I have goals. Not necessarily resolutions 'cause sometimes I'm just not that determined and , but I do have great ambition and intent. So, I feel the need to only list a few that will feed my artistic soul:

  • Get all of my music collection oranganized and in one place so that I can find what I'm in the mood for and make it easier to share it with all the other music lovers that I know. Music is the heartbeat of life after all...
"The music that really turns me on is either running toward God or away from God. Both recognize the pivot, that God is at the center of the jaunt." ~ Bono
  • Read more books - good books make me daydream, daydreams make me realize who I want to be and what I really want from life.
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.~ Joseph Addison
  • Scrapbook more (which includeds completed ALL of my projects - baby books, wedding albums, birthday presents, and scrapbooks that I get to keep too). Scrapbooking is such a great outlet and even though I get away from it for months at a time, I always realize how much I love it when I get buried in all my stuff again. Scrapbooking is my haven.
"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness." ~ Eckhart Tolle
  • Learn to play the piano - I have my grandmother's old piano that used to sit in her house. I only remember playing one or two basic songs on it from when I was a kid, but I always remember it being part of her house. Everyone learned how to play a song or two on that old paino - my mom and my aunts and uncles. There's some good memories in those old keys. It's about time I shook the dust off of them.


“Life is like a piano... what you get out of it depends on how you play it.” ~ Unknown
  • And what else...well, I would rather be spectacular at a few things than mediocre at many. I'm gonna concentrate on these and go from there...
"If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." ~Thomas Alva Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment