Tuesday, April 5, 2011

.

"Don't ever let yourself be someone's slogan, because you are poetry." ~ 28 days

I was short of a slogan - I was more like someone's punctuation mark last week.
Funny, because I stood up for my words a few days before and then I went and compromised myself.
I even knew what the ending was going to be, but I let myself be part of the story, absolutely willingly of my own accord.
Then, I looked at myself in the mirror and wondered what part of me had been calling the shots.
It was the part of me that just wanted to be connected to someone, no matter how temporary it was.
I used to wonder how people "my age" got to be the way they were. I say that generically because not everyone is the same, but sometimes we all are.
I'm not playing the victim. Put away the body outline chalk.
I am an adult and I do live in my own world with the scenes that I choose to paint, sometimes, I just wish there was more fluidity between the brush strokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment