Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thankful

During my 5 1/2 hour flight yesterday I thought about a lot and realized I was greatful for a lot of things in life. These are only a few of them:

I enjoy my own company.
I'm not 23 anymore.
I'm not afraid of saying it just because I know it might hurt.
My mom...I appreciate her more and more as I get older.
I live in the US.
Job-security.
The small handful of friends I know I can always count on. That's really a handful more than most people have and I know I'm lucky to have that.
Having a good work ethic early in life, learned from my father, that has carried me through the last year of my career when I just felt like giving up.
Not getting married in my 20's.
Western Medicine.
An Education.
A sense of humor...what a lifesaver this has been.
Figuring out you only have (1) Mom and (1) dad before it's toolate.
Sushi...and having tried it for the first time in an apartment in Germany.
Having a voice about want to do in my life, what I think about my world, and how I want to change things.

No comments:

Post a Comment