Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Create something

I used to scrapbook.

A LOT.

Before I had a mortgage payment, brand new car, and $30,000 in bad debt, I used to spend all my paychecks on scrapbook supplies. In fact, I have spent so much at one local Bay Area store, I get 20% off my purchases for the remainder of my scrapbooking lifetime. I was that kind of buyer.

Well...I haven't laid glue to paper or paper to glue in a long, long time which is blatantly evident by the amount of dust that has gathered on the $15,000 worth of supplies that sit in the back bedroom.

Last night I went to bed at 6pm after 28 hours of being awake with the last 10 spent in the 100+* heat and booze fest of Lake Day. I wokeup at 10am and spent the rest of the day lying there convinced I needed to get out of bed and be productive but my body would not go along with the plan. To think...I could have organized that room today. That's another thing that's been top on the to-do list, but I just can't manage to get it together when I'm home.

My psyche could definitely use some good artistic juices flowing through it right about now. Despite the eons of travel and adventure that lie before me for the rest of the year, nothing beats a good chill evening with some great tunes and a lot of creative outlet.

The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself. ~ Alan Alda

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lo, I find it really overwhelming to organize a whole room, or do a 'whole' project. Maybe if you break it up into pieces, ie 'organize the colored paper' (or whatever) it wont be such a huge looming thing... hope ur well!

    ReplyDelete