Sunday, July 12, 2009

Snap out of it!

Bad mood. No reason at all, just bad mood. My knees ache, my lower back hurts, I'm hungry, and I don't want to talk to anymore a-holes. Oh yeah, and it's my Monday. I guess those are reasons enough, but then I think I'm sitting here getting paid a LOT of money comparatively to the unemployed, I have easy access to whatever I would like to eat (bad idea), and I'm simultaneously planning my next few months worth of travel (sweet!).

I went and saw the American Idols LIVE last night with my aunt, uncle, and sister. It was better than I expected and it covered a catalog of music...really, a LOT of music. Now that's my kind of show. Kind of cool to sit there with my aunt who would every once in a while lean over and say things like "This is nothing compared to the Beatles mania," "I saw Janis Joplin live and she was fabulous." On the other side sat my baby sister (ok, 21's not a baby, but still, she's the baby) who was less openly enthusiastic but still had a good time. Next to her were 2 gay couples who seemed most entralled when Lil' Rounds ripped a version of Single Ladies, restrained stadium seating hand movements and all. I won't lie, I did them too. Hey girl, heeey! Below them, a row of white haired seniors who clapped and sang along, and next to them a row of pre-teen girls who scremed a bloody murder every time a picture of the uber-tanned Adam Lambert came across the jumbotron. There was really no rhyme or reason to the crowd, but is that not the exact greatness of music - to divide and conquer all those social lines we get wrapped up in?



The show highlight - Danny Gokey. Really, that guy is a bit of a rockstar in his form fitted extra medium teeshirt, slightly Daughtry-ish, but still, that boy can sing! The difference...it's from the heart and you can tell. Great show overall, Allison is a gift from the Rock Gods..damn what a voice! As far as the headliners, the highlight of Adam Lambert's set was throwing the black back into the crowd (he came out ladies!) mid song. It really is a mad world and he is the Mayor of Falcetto and Cabaret - I love him! Kris Allen, you may be the sweetest guitar singing celebrity ever and I can totally dig that too. Really with the range of talent in the top let's say 5, it's hard to pin just one as the winner. They are all different and all phenomenal in their own way. I was really pleasantly surprised with this concert.

As far as Go-key, I cannot imagine what a rollercoaster his life has been during his 28th year. Losing his wife and high school sweetheart and ending in the top 3 on one of America's greatest talent shows...man, I'm 28. Could I handle anything like that now? I smiled when he gave his heartfelt thanks for the support and the votes and the love from all over and I believed him when he said that this last song was truly his wish for all his fans and everyone that helped him heal in the last year of his ride in the fast lane.

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.


So when I'm sitting here moaning and groaning, pissy for the sake of being pissy, I think I will reflect on the happier moments in life. The concert-goings on, the days off, the trips to states far and wide, and the lyrics that I hear in my head all the time.

Sidenote: Before I finished this blog "MR KIDDER FROM WESTWOOD COURT" called. He "HEARD A LOUD BOOM IN THE AREA A FEW MINUTES AGO!" and would like me to "SEND SOMEONE KINDLY, THANK YOU."

Thanks, spunkly old guy. You just made my night! I love those old folks. Hilarity ensues!

No comments:

Post a Comment