Saturday, July 25, 2009

I did that.


Yet another dusted-off blog post that I found in the draft file that I must (MUST!) have as part of this online anthology of my random life even if I'm posting it 19 months after I started writing it.


There are some things in life that I distinctly remember. There are a lot of things that are pretty hazy. And then there are the things that my friends jog my memory with now and then.

This one time, I got propositioned in a men's bathroom in Mexico by a Canadian. I made him drop his pants and then I told him I'd have to drink more and turned around and walked out. Yeah...that was kind of bitchy. It was an adult resort. I won't be back there again. Ever.

I wanted to be a combat nurse when I was 20. I can't remember if that was before or after 9/11. I went to the recruiter and everything and for whatever reason, I dropped it. Good thing, I probably would have been send to the desert and been a casualty.

I held a baby alligator on airboat in a Louisianna swamp once. That was pretty cool. I didn't have a camera. Yeah...no camera. What?!

"Life Your Life" by Rihanna reminds me Miami nights at 4am in the convertible. I stayed up all night that night then flew home and watched the sun rise on the East and set on the West.

I accidentally started a fight at a White Trash Party last New Year's Eve. Right? Yeah, go figure it would go with the theme. I spent the first few minutes of 2009 wondering how I got covered in champagne and how I didn't kick someone in the balls when they pulled my hair. Nice.

I never went to a 4-year college, lived in a dorm, or went to a wild college party. Sometimes I regret that I didn't do things like that. My best friend during my early 20's was 15 years older than me. That was good and maybe a little bit bad.

A few years back I went to Portland and sat across from this blind homeless guy on the LightRail. I don't know where my head was going or why I thought of it, but I sat there looking at him wondering if he had ever been in love. I can still picture his shaggy hair and his dirty clothes. He just sat there holding his white tipped cane listening for his stop. I told myself to remember that. Everyone deserves love. Everyone.

I was a guest makeup artist at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. That was pretty fucking cool!

Last week, I went with a group of 29 Chinese foreign exhange students ages 12-14 to go see Harry Potter. I will never do that again. 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment