Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fingers crossed

How did it get to be June 3rd already? Time seems to go by so much faster as an adult. I remember being "bored to death!" when I was a kid. Remember that? "There's nothing to do. I'm bored to death!" to which my mom would always say "boring is a state of mind."

June, June, June. It's my birthday month. I used to be so excited as a kid when June came around. I'd start looking for cards in the mail from my aunts and my grandma. Grandma would always send some cute little card with a kitten portrait on it. I got rid of a lot of those cards somewhere along the years when she was still alive. Nostalgia isn't much for kids, but I still managed to save some of them as I got a little older. Something about seeing the uniqueness of handwriting helps keep some memories alive.

There was always that unknown factor during birthdays when I was a kid. I think that was what was so exciting. Now that I have my own bank account, I can pretty much buy anything that I want which makes me a hard person to buy for. I haven't been excited to get a birthday present for years but I'm keeping my figers crossed this year for the first time in a long time. Funny...I sound like a kid again. I think it's a good thing to kinda be like a kid again even if it just once a year.

Let's see if I get my birthday wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment