Monday, June 15, 2009

surround yourself with people who make you happy

I'm sitting here on my new couch with my new guitar listening to Keith Urban sing I Wanna Kiss a Girl. On my 28th birthday, I went to meet a beautiful new person who is only 8 days old! I had lunch with my family and dinner with great friends. I got what I really wanted for my birthday and despite the sleep deprivation, it was a great, great day! I had a pre-birthday wish send to me from Belgium and a cake right at midnight. I had well wishes in my inbox and text when I woke up and talked to all of my best friends before the sun went down on the day. I don't have any witty thoughts or an observatory blog about life. I just had a great birthday and that's it. Simple enough, right? I surrounded myself by great friends and family and then reported to work at 10pm for the graveyard shift where I got 2 great CD's, a bottle of my favorite wine, and a wine glass just for me. I love June...and I really loved today. :) Even seeing the ex-hole couldn't put a damper in this day. Everyone really should have a Happy, Happy Birthday.

2 comments:

  1. exactly how a birthday should be! it is obvious you are loved...
    even if you have old, dusty ovaries ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!!! Don't be talking smack about my ovary dust. They're very sensitive!!! :)

    ReplyDelete